Hawaii Specialty Pharmacy Patient Financial Assistance Program
According to Huffington Post, “a Harvard University study showed that medical expenses account for approximately 62% of personal bankruptcies in the US”, making it the number one reason for personal bankruptcy. At HSP, we understand that high cost medications and the copayments that accompany them can create major financial burdens for certain individuals. That’s why our dedicated reimbursement team ensures coverage does not become a barrier to patient care.
In 2015, our financial assistance counselors from our parent company CSP, helped patients receive more than $5.5 million in financial assistance through manufacturer support programs and charitable organizations combined.
Hawaii Specialty Counselors will
- Work to pre-qualify you for drug manufacturer programs and non-profits prior to the application process
- Request supporting documents to submit with your application, if applicable
- Assist with disease state and/or manufacturer sponsored program applications
- Weekly status updates with program administrators to review application
- Approval call and next steps to obtain your medication
HSP has strong long-standing relationships with many of the leading charitable organization as well as drug manufacturer support programs. We will work on your behalf to make sure financial barriers are not impeding your access to care.
What information do I need to inquire about financial assistance?
- Recent Federal 1040 Income Tax Statement. This letter verifies your Social Security benefit information.
- Social Security Statement. Estimates of your future retirement, disability, and survivors benefits. Your earnings once a year to verify the amounts that we posted are correct, and the estimated Social Security and Medicare taxes you’ve paid.
- Pension Benefit Award Letter. This letter verifies your Social Security benefit information.